The spreading of the gospel in Africa got here at the identical time with colonialism and slave change, hence African humans acquired the church gospel with blended feeling. Many African people believed that the bible is the work of a white guy and Christianity a religion of the white human beings. In the African context faith was based on ancestral worship, acquainted spirits, spiritism and occultism, and these became finest hindrances to gospel penetration in Africa. To isolate themselves from what they notion turned into a white guy’s religion they went about and attempted to establish their own African rooted conventional churches which promoted Africanism in place of godliness, of course some of those religions and ancestral worships were there manner lengthy earlier than the Christian proclamation in Africa.
In this text, am going to offer to you distinguishing elements, characteristics, theologies and practices which I accept as true with caused the Revival and Growth of South- Korean churches. We understand that South -Korea has the largest church populace in our times and that in all likelihood the most important church being in Seoul. Korea is now divided into separate international locations namely North and South Korea. North Korea is a communist nation and does no longer strongly consider in Christianity although we’ve Christian in that location it still wishes to be evangelised efficaciously. Communism is a exquisite enemy of Christian proclamation much like Islam, through communism and Islam many Christians are persecuted and missionaries martyred especially in Japan, North Korea. Philippines, Nigeria, and so forth. On the other hand South Korea is a faith primarily based country with a massive church population and now one of the leading missionary sending countries inside the world. One would love to understand how two sister kingdom differ in phrases of method towards spiritual problems of faith. Comparing kingdom’s economies you’ll be stunned that it is feasible that South Korea is extra resourced than North Korea why? Its because while Revival broke forth in South Korea in 1902 it brought approximately a revolution within the economic system of the united states. How did this happen? They are causes which we may additionally look closely at which I trust led to the Revival and boom of South Korean church buildings. Every Korean desires that 1902 might happen once more because its what brought approximately the challenges and fantastic things which might be now the fruit of that Revival. I attempted by using all way to research and talk to Korean pastors to listen from their mouth what virtually prompted the Revival and boom of Korean Churches. Since the Revival in 1902 God has used South Korean missionaries throughout many components of the arena who are despatched into the project area. Allow me to place down the functions and traits which I accept as true with led to the Revival of Korean church buildings comparing to African ministries.
THE MISSION AND CHARACTERISTICS OF KOREAN CHURCHES
South -Korea is well known for a amazing variety of Prayer Mountains. In this united states lays the secret of a praying kingdom which has emerge as their essential feature and strong weapon for remodeling the kingdom. South Korea has a variety of Prayer Mountains wherein humans go to pray and are seeking the face of God. At these prayer mountains the sacrifice of prayer is offered at any time of the day. From a distance you could hear loud voices and cries from those mountains as people pray to God According to many Korean missionaries I actually have spoken to approximately Korea specifically Pastor Samuel Hong Lee a Korean missionary in south Africa, the Korean balance in politics and low-budget preservations are a end result of the prayers offered country wide. Specific prayers are supplied for the president, business men and additionally Korean missionaries within the discipline global extensive. What has made the Korean church range from the African church buildings is the assignment of the church.
WHAT MAKES KOREAN CHURCH GROW
COMPARED TO AFRICAN CHURCHES
When asked, many ministers will ascribe prayer and dedicated giving as the cause for the revival. For years, Korean ministers have really given the Korean church the phrase of God and the Holy Spirit has done the activity”. This is authentic due to the fact many Korean Christians are extra biblical in their faith, theology, prayers and exercise. I don’t deny the truth that they have their own weakness however church growth isn’t always one in every of their weakness or troubles but African ministries that is a top notch situation.
All they do is They teach, they pray and God works its that simple.
In order for any mission minded church to achieve missions, we want to set up a clear challenge theology, in addition I would love to mentions that evangelism and social duty must be harmonized, a separation of the 2 must be regarded as a compromise to the apostolic theology and project approach. If we neglect such stewardship, we can’t produce any historical work and fruit of the Holy Spirit from every labours in the venture field. Below I introduce to you capabilities and characters which describes the Korean church and the traits of the African churches. We need to additionally that the Korean church has its own weakness and problems but church increase isn’t one in all their troubles. Below are few weak spot which I actually have diagnosed within the Korean church and Korean missionaries.
Some have stated out that the growth of Korean church buildings is because of conformity as opposed to repentance and private religion in God. This is due to the fact Christian religion which does now not assist us trade our character and behaviour isn’t valid Christianity.
Some Korean missionaries have failed in the project area due to their reluctance to learn neighborhood languages particularly African languages and adapting to nearby or indigenous cultures. The exploitative attitudes of a few Korean missionaries
Personal entitlement to assets in preference to missionary provider
EXAMINATION OF THE KOREAN CHURCH AND THE
SOUTH KOREAN CHURCH
1. South Korean church buildings received the bible as the word of God and sought to agree with and apprehend it by means of faith in preference to logically. This caused the birthing of bible research companies and prayer assembly in homes and early morning prayers.
2. African people obtained the bible with blended feeling they believed it to be a Whiteman’s book which changed into used to oppress a Blackman and brought about slavery and colonialism, So African traditional churches might alternatively consider in ancestral worship and spirits in preference to the biblical teachings. In African culture traditional churches there is less proclamation the usage of the bible and that has led to a gross lack of knowledge to Gods phrase, therefore people perish for loss of understanding God. Their is more population in traditional and
non secular church buildings than in genuine bible believing churches.
SOUTH KOREAN CHURCH
three. South -Korean church buildings have become regular in Revival meeting had been mass proclamations had been achieved emphasising what the scripture says. Church doors in Korean churches are saved open every day for prayers early inside the morning and another time of the day for prayers and supplications with groaning. These are petitions and cries to God. This strike a cord in me a incredible evangelist and teachers of the phrase who as soon as said.
four. African churches attend prayer conferences and revivals periodically particularly on Sunday simplest. Weekly prayer meetings and bible observe agencies are poorly attended by means of the Christians. Church doorways are closed during the week and are open simplest on Sundays, subsequently a experience of disciple and mentoring is lacking. Discipleship is the important thing to developing effective and positive church members and leaders.
SOUTH KOREAN CHURCH
5. South Korean Christians believe that anticipate the approaching of Jesus Christ
6. African church buildings are as a substitute involved about their burial once they die than their eternity and that they worry dying and appreciate their traditions or cultures than worry God.
SOUTH KOREAN CHURCH
7. South Korean Christians are dedicated to attending early morning prayers leading them to personal revival and blessing. If you asked them why they attended early morning prayers their answer can be “Jesus prayed early inside the morning so I also pray in the morning.
SOUTH KOREAN CHURCH
eight. South Korean Christians are dedicated givers in time period of tithe, services, special services and sacrificial giving and this has caused the resourced Korean church ministry which has helped the local church buildings to ship and support their missionaries and local ministers.
9. African church buildings for decades have no longer learnt the precept of giving whole heartedly making the church to be bad and financially disadvantaged therefore the foresight for missions and targeted evangelism has been narrowed. The African church is bad because they’re no longer open to the spirit of giving and tithing
SOUTH KOREAN CHURCH
10. South Korean Christians have active faith that gets involved nearly inside the work of God. The spirit of volunteerism grips their hearts to serve God with all their hearts.
11. African Christians all their efforts and difficult paintings is accomplished in favour of the pastor
no longer as an obligation of carrier to God. Lack of volunteerism has hindered the progress of the African ministries and churches. If handiest humans can get involved within the work of God with out incorrect motives as ministry helper missionary people no longer as ministers. Today we are faced with a challenged that people come to church for position and as long as you’ve got some kind of public talking talents you could without problems emerge as a pastor in the African churches. Come to church placing on a pleasing fit your needs qualify to be minister. A loss of higher technique of front into ministry through credible approach of legitimate ordination has led to the confusion of the African ministry style. This is a disaster to ministry, revival and church boom.
SOUTH KOREAN CHURCH
12. South Korean Christians had been/are inclined to threat their lives for the sake of the gospel with a devotion to the spirit of martyrdom. Their faith is rooted in a deeper dating with God. A courting with God is valued than human relationships.
thirteen. African church buildings aren’t yet open to biblical truth mainly those in mainline non secular traditional churches. They are more churches in Africa which can be labelled as Christian church buildings however only some are biblically sound consequently a huge range of so called Christians are not uncovered to the fact. Bible targeted preaching and messages are required to enchantment to the masses, even if some different African church buildings claim to be Christian their practices and doctrinal beliefs have totally discovered that they’re cults or occultic (lifeless religions). Our ministry strategy should be designed to satisfy the desires of the people and to minister to the whole guy and offer existence education. An open method to cope with social, reasonably priced, non secular, intellectual and emotional factors of life is a critical key to effective ministry African church buildings need this. A accurate software of expertise, knowledge and knowledge will bring a giant impact and contribution to the church in Africa. The church in Africa has taken a long term to rise up from the shut eye and have allowed lack of awareness and laziness in the name of spirituality. Many Pentecostal and different Christian human beings in Africa think that fate is an indication o godliness and that riches, education, development, business is the satan and that we want to isolate ourselves. This mean they thought or suppose if you wealthy you are a sinner. So they may be now not worried socially, economically and politically in the affairs of this world.
SOUTH KOREAN AND AFRICAN CHRISTIANS
14. South Korean Christians and African Christians each want openness to the manifestations and sports of the Holy Ghost and openness to the reality of God’s phrase in opposition to false teachings and false doctrines. Embracing the gifts of the Spirit and permitting ourselves to function in the items which God has given the church. A full reputation biblical coaching and the doctrine of the Holy Ghost is the lacking detail in bringing revival in the church.
SOUTH KOREAN AND AFRICAN CHURCHES
15. South Korean church buildings and African Christians both needs consistency in prayer and fasting targeted on evangelism, ministry and missions. Christians need to plant a seed for Revival. Consistent prayer saturates and sanctifies polluted locations.
16. African Christian churches want big Revival meetings and proclamation
meetings targeted on prayer, dating constructing and worship as our daily responsibility to God. Our lives need to be God stimulated and focused on proper worship and Praise. As African church buildings we want to improve our worship styles and shortening our long sermons. Revival will most effective come if we come to be worship concentrated.
17. African Christian churches wishes a strong leadership of the pastor and contributors submission to the clergy and offer complete aid to their ministers. Respect for the clergy (Men of God) pastoral management is wanted. Lack of submission to God ordained management has costed African ministries set backs in church boom. It has led to splits and wreck aways leaving congregations wounded, pissed off and destroyed. This has left the presiding pastors function in the spirit of bitterness, unforgiveness and anger. Lack of submission destroys the morale of the pastor main him to ineffectiveness inside the ministry. Splits and breakaways will continually weaken African ministries and ministers. Its one of the motives why many African ministries were started out of war, false impression and shortage of submission to Godly authority that could be a incorrect foundation. This is a cancer that’s killing the church in Africa. Many ministries if you may test the motives of their starting ministry you will agree with me that many have a incorrect foundation hence they cannot be installed have an amazing ending.
THINGS WHICH MAKE AFRICAN PENTECOSTAL AND
CHARISMATIC MINISTRIES WEAK
There are matters which I would love to discus in referring to what make African church buildings vulnerable extra in particular impartial Pentecostal and charismatic Christians. I do not doubt the ability African ministries have in terms of evangelism but most effective eight things which I will be aware down will make you comprehend what makes us weak.
Issues of doctrine are subjects of subject; many impartial ministries do not have a experience of important doctrinal teaching or liturgy which they are able to instil in the lives in their church buildings members. The misunderstanding of the Pentecostal and charismatic doctrines has brought about the improvement of an inconsistent coaching method and wrong interpretation of doctrine and other biblical passages which does not lead to proper discipleship, Hence member develop up with a mixed up interpretation of a sound Christian doctrines. The one-of-a-kind opinions of interpretations on certain biblical teachings has caused exceptional understandings and school of mind which end up confuse and divide us for this reason human beings ruin away to begin their personal movements and that makes independent churches and ministries even extra vulnerable. If efficaciously understood those doctrines will make Pentecostal and charismatic impartial churches strong. We have reduced ministry to the pulpit handiest and our teachings and messages aren’t steady at the pulpit, every carrier has its very own route inside the call of as the spirit leads and this is why we’ve a whole lot of heresy, dissentions and dissentions and that is why our churches cannot grow due to the fact they are doctrinary vulnerable.
1 Timothy1 vs7 Desiring to be teachers of the law know-how neither what they say or verify KJV
Discipleship applications geared toward generating mature Christian isn’t furnished due to the fact the equal folks that need to be instructors of the phrase have to first study the essential doctrine of the Christian faith.
3. BREAK AWAYS. Breakaways are the predominant troubles of impartial African ministries and most of these spoil always are because of loss of submission and lack of religious parenting abilties from the senior pastors who mistreat their friends and abuse and use them to fulfil their very own mystery agendas via suppressing others and usurping authority and dominion over others. A correct coaching in regards to the ministry of allows and other New Testament ministry functions will assist us remedy the conflicts in our church buildings. An prepared biblical leadership structure made from the Elders, deacons, deaconess and presbytery must be restored in an effort to manage the inflow of each one becoming a minister or a pastor of a church. It is proper that the populace in our Pentecostal
independent ministries is small however from the same small population which we have some pull out and establish some other unbiased ministry which makes the antique church and new churches opponents in preference to allies or co-workers and this makes us both weak. Strength and resources, imaginative and prescient and motive is lost a protracted the manner due to this and it’ll constantly take time for the church which has been via a breakaway or a split to heal. Restoration of church order is essential to the strengthening and the increase of African unbiased church buildings particularly black church buildings. If anyone think or hears a call of God I advocate you to observe the biblical order of doing things, God isn’t the writer of confusion.
Seditions and dissentions Conflict in the impartial church weakens the church, These war are because of lack of submission to ordained Godly management and authority. The Apostolic Anointing is missing in many unbiased ministries and churches. Many African ministries are so independent that they can’t be responsible to every body therefore there is a problem to make church contributors submit to their leadership due to the fact the inspiration is incorrect. Biblical order is required for us to restoration the issues which our ministries are going through. Don’t anticipate each person to publish in your leadership if you do not post or have never submitted earlier than.
Church order is not to be had in many independent charismatic and Pentecostals, biblical order and liturgy isn’t found in any respect. We want to teach our era proper order of worship and recognize for the clergy. Every one does what he
suppose and claims the lord told him to do their no any test and stability in what we do. Let get a clean know-how from the early church, According to Ephesians 2vs20 the church then and the church now’s established upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets and Jesus Christ being the head and the leader cornerstone. The Apostle emphasized that what ever every one did and taught need to be steady and subject to the lessons of the Apostles something opposite become not the gospel. Many Christian suppose church order is faith, the fact is church is not faith however the proper device and basis for church growth for our God is not the author of misunderstanding however order. If we can’t recognize order then we can’t appreciate authority in any capability. We want to restore church order.
For ministry to be effective and non secular gifts to be fruitful on needs a religious protecting. A church with none pastoral or Apostolic foundation can not and could never grow. Churches of this nature do not have admire for Men of God and the Anointing and could never recognize the present you don’t have any count the way you try to will always be intricate. A Church without this foundation of the Apostle or the pastoral basis has no Spiritual covering over it. This equal applies in a church where their now not a company foundation of prayer anticipate confusion, divisions, gossip and a circus. Earlier on I noted that not many pastors have a religious covering as a result they cannot provide one for his or her church member. A Spiritual protecting is an umbrella or safe haven via people are nurtured and guided into Christian adulthood, in brief it is a parental covering which permits a father and a religious son to mingle. It’s by using this that internalisation and impartation takes place. Spiritual mentoring and parenting is required for us to elevate religious son and daughters, we need to develop a deeper courting with our religious children.
Each religious father has a challenge to discover non secular kids in phrases of non secular presents calling and ministry and empower them and set up them in their God given ministry, A non secular father has prophetic power to decree and launch the present which God has positioned upon his flock. Spiritual fathers should provide object and practical classes and coaching with palms mixed on ministry. In as a whole lot because the
African church buildings do now not have sons additionally we do no longer have proper non secular fathers all we have are oppressors, there’s very negative courting between the pastor as and their congregations. Our spiritual children must be our satisfaction and now not an intimidation. You cannot assist your non secular children with whatever if you have now not but determined them. The breach of relation among the sheep and the shepherd makes Pentecostals vulnerable. It takes time to construct a lasting Spiritual protecting its similar to constructing a residence on your kids. I cited on this e book that the dynam